Sunday, January 29, 2006

More steps

So after convincing myself that the shuffle-step from Friday night was a fluke, he did it twice again today. I was so excited. They're tiny steps, mostly shuffling from one spot to another, but he's definitely on the move before too long. He's really starting to walk around the house holding onto the wall. Before, it was just a piece of furniture or a big toy. Now he's being more creative. He's also crawled for a bit on his hands and feet. I think he tries it and realizes that it's harder than how he's crawling now or walking, but I think it means he's really thinking about walking now.

On a side note, I went to church tonight. I'd seen a sign that the Methodist church we go to once in a while was having a Sunday night service from 7-7:45. With Andy, my women's soccer league and Bjorn's reffering, Sunday days are tough so I thought I'd try this out. It was interesting. It was basically an 1 1/2 hours (not the 45 minutes as promised) of accoustic Christian music. The singer was a local guy named Steve Kropp, who was very good, but the whole thing felt odd somehow. I guess years in a mostly uptight Presbyterian church will do that.

1 comment:

  1. I had been under the impression that once you take your first steps, that's it - you can walk. That, apparently, is not the case. Jack probably took about three weeks between that first step and solidly walking. Andy will probably keep practicing little by little, then he'll get more confident. The next thing you know, he'll be tearing off as fast as he can to unroll and shred every roll of toilet paper in your house.

    ReplyDelete