Sunday, August 20, 2006

Geri curl

It's no secret - my kid has really great hair. It's totally great in the goofy way that all kids look this age in that it sticks up a little funny half the time like he just got out of bed. He's also got a cool double cowlick like his grandfather that causes it to spike up like Dennis the Menace. For special occasions, I try to pat it down sometimes with water and brush it, but generally I let it be since I just love it. It's part of being a toddler at the moment, plus it's his thing.

What I find funny about it is how many people (mostly strangers) comment with heavy sighs about how terrible it's going to be when it gets older. Granted, I can barely think past next week so I'm not terribly concerned with his junior prom pictures, but it strikes me as odd how all these people want to "warn" me about how bad it's going to get. I guess they press on since I make it clear that I'm just not that worried about it. In a completely sexist way, I can see how a girl having a really goofy hairline could make her more self-conscious, but I figure boys get a little more latitude in this regard since they can always get a buzz cut and not have to think about it. Plus, it's his hair people, not a third arm or something truly tragic (I say, knocking on wood very quickly...)

1 comment:

  1. Andy's hair completey rocks. I have confidence that he'll be able to work it indefintely, including in those junior prom pictures. It's his look!

    ReplyDelete