Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Musical genius

Parenting has opened my eyes to lots of things I never noticed before, like how milk starts to become chunky when unrefrigerated for more than four hours and the unique smell of barf that a mother knows comes with spit-up. It's also brought me around to fun stuff, like how cool it is to walk through the back yard picking up rocks, dusting them off and putting them in a plastic pail for later inspection. The look of marvel and determination in his eyes when we made that journey was pretty amazing to watch, too. I've also gotten into some decent kids television, like Jack's Big Music Show on Noggin. Heck, I'm not sure I realized Noggin existed two years ago. I've also gotten into kids music. Jack's has some pretty good tunes on it that are clever and catchy. We've also discovered SteveSongs, which is pretty good, too. The problem is that these tunes that are good for Andy because they're repetitive and engaging are also the kid of songs that stick with you - seemingly forever. So this morning I woke up with Laurie Berkner's "In my boots" song (In my red boots, in my red boots. I dance around in my red boots.)in my head only to be shortly replaced with Steve's "Gravity" songs (Down, with gravity, baby.) I love watching Andy dance so it's a small price to pay, but damn, it's pretty annoying when I'm in a meeting and I can't get "It's a Marvelous Day" from churning in my brain.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks. Now I'm going to go through my day with "B-O-O-T-S!" running through my head.

    ReplyDelete