Friday, August 11, 2006

Mommy is a fool

I made a mistake - a big one. I showed Andy how to step on a crate in the kitchen in order to watch me cook. It seemed innocent enough - this let him watch me without me having to hold him up and cook with one hand. Trouble is, now he finds the stool and uses it to hoist himself up to places. Not a good plan as it means I have to move things one level higher in order to keep them out of his way. Not smart. Sure, he would have gotten there eventually, but that could have been six more months at least.

Today we went to Wolf Trap and save Steve Songs, which was great. The music was actually quite entertaining (which is saying something for kids music) and Andy seemed to enjoy it as well. He was really jamming along the first 20 minutes and then lost interest. Still, 20 minutes is a long time for a kid his age to be engaged like this so I consider it a victory. Plus, after a long hot spell, it's now cool(ish) and breezy. Great day to be at the park in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment