Monday, August 14, 2006

Mother's helper

It's official - I have a helper. Andy's new thing is that he wants to help me do things (when it's convenient and he's in the mood, of course). Tonight he helped me carry boxes out to the curb for trash tomorrow. He also likes to "help" yell up the stairs when we're calling for someone. It's pretty funny to see him waddle over to the base of the stairs and yell gibberish actually.

Later this evening, I spent a solid 45 minutes taking apart and reassembling a modular shelving thing. Andy helped by bringing me pieces I asked for and helping push the sides together. Of course, the reason I had to fix the bookcase was because I'd had it stationed at the end of his crib and lately he's been enjoying wedging his chubby shins through the slats to kick the shelves apart.

It's pretty wild to think he can understand commands and actually be useful. Next up, I need to teach him to bring me a beer out of the cooler. Now that would be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment