Saturday, October 14, 2006

Alert, bad mommy ahead

Most days, I feel like I've got a general handle on this motherhood business. I know, I know, it's about time, but in my defense, the course keeps changing on me. Today we were out picking up some wedding presents at Neimans and Tiffany, hereafter called "no touch" stores since I had to repeat that a million times as I tried to buy a couple of items and the ever present staff took for friggin ever to process my card and collect the items. While I was trying to keep my son from breaking something very expensive, I kneeled down and noticed his neck. Turns out he has that sort of crusty layer of smudge in the folds of his neck. I bathe him almost daily, but somehow the neck folds have been missed, similar to the spot behind the ears I discovered six months or so ago. In the bath tonight, we worked on the smudge, much to Andy's chagrin as I took a washcloth and had to rub a little more than gently to get the dirt out. As Andy would say "ewwwww."

And speaking of his favorite phrase, we were at my favorite Chipotle the other night and he pointed to a gentleman across the restaurant and shouted "ewww." The guy wasn't really goofy looking (thankfully and thankfully not disabled either), but I now have something else to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment