Thursday, October 19, 2006

Good times

My freshman year in college, my next door neighbor, Laura, and I spent a lot of time doing nothing, including watching Fame reruns and The Little Mermaid on VHS. I don't remember why we watched video so much other than the fact I really liked it and Laura thought that was funny, but we did watch it. A lot.

That was, gasp, 16 years ago and now they're out with a special 2-disc edition. I'm don't get why it needs to be on two discs, but I was looking to get it and it was actually only $14 on Amazon. Sure, I theoretically bought it for Andy, but I know I really wanted to see it. We watched the first 20 minutes of it tonight and I'm surprised how much of it I remember verbatim. In case you didn't know, I am a dork. Andy seemed to like it fine. In fact, the scene with the shark I thought he would find scary, but he instead laughed at the whole thing.

3 comments:

  1. I am just as big of a dork as you are, though I've got to say I love Beauty and the Beast even more. What's not to love about a story starring a brunette who reads voraciously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:18 PM

    I also remember lots of Tetris and many viewings of Pretty Woman. Good times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Me too! Dobbs first floor was all about Tetris and conversation. I practically lived there. (considering who my roommate was... not too surprising)

    ReplyDelete