Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Music struggle

Good news - Andy really likes music. Bad news - he really likes his music all the time in lieu of anything anyone else (i.e. me) wants to listen to. Granted, WTOP isn't exciting, but I do need to hear the traffic and weather on the 8s. Andy has a fit now if I listen to anything other than what he wants. It's partly my fault. I've indulged him in listening to Steve Songs in the car alot since it seems to calm him down and that's worth something to me. Apart from it being annoying to me, Bjorn is now outraged that he can't listen to what he wants to when we're in the car together. I've been trying to find happy mediums and the most recent one that works is listening to Barenaked Ladies. I love them, but I haven't listened to the CD in ages. Fortunately, the cadence is similar enough that I can love hearing "If I Had a Million Dollars" and "This Is Me in Grade Nine, Baby" and Andy can tolerate it as well. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to think the same way about Sheryl Crow.

2 comments:

  1. We listen to Barenaked Ladies, too. "If I Had a Million Dollars" is one of the songs I sing to Jack. You should add some They Might Be Giants to the mix -- that works too. They have some kids' CDs out, but it's not like their regular music is full of swearing and violence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, we popped in Flood by They Might Be Giants and he didn't like it. I'm going to keep working on it because I like it.

    ReplyDelete