Sunday, October 01, 2006

Farm Party




We hit Cox Farms on Friday, which is awesome for kids. They have all sorts of animals to play with (including cute piglets), a pretty elaborate hayride and lots of slides that were lots of fun for me, too. We went last year but he wasn't really old enough to get it. This year, he was walking all over and really seemed psyched to be there.

It was a really good group this year, as witnessed by the attempt at a group photo in the middle (I have a new appreciation for cat herders). The daughter of my friend who died a few weeks ago was also there with a family friend. It was nice to know we're not going to lose touch, but it was strange to see Charlotte there without her mother. She also came without long pants (it was an usually cool day) because her dad couldn't find any that fit that morning. I was thinking that Karen probably hadn't thought to buy any just yet since it wasn't cool a month ago. It's all just so sad.

1 comment:

  1. K,
    Looks like you had a great party! And hang in there with the whole mothering thing. My 1st I knew nothing!! It does get easier as you go along. 7 children later I wouldn't say it was a breeze but it has gotten alot easier! Enjoy him while he is little. He will be gone befor you know it. My oldest is now out of the house and it was just yesterday that he was a cute munchkin just like you fella! Make memories! (It looks like you are doing a great job!)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete