Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Words

It's pretty amazing to watch Andy's language skills develop. I swear this morning as I started to clean up his breakfast, he handed me his bowl and said, "Here you go." Just like that.

He's also really getting into books, which is so fun for me. Of course, he never wants to read the ones I find interesting (although, sadly, he finds my People magazine worthy of a flip). But I find I'll be getting the bath ready or something and he'll come to me with a book from his shelf and want to read it. Unfortunately, he can't sit quite sit all the way through a story book yet without getting punchy and flipping the pages too fast. The other fun part is that he is starting to point to details in the pictures and ask about them. Like tonight, he was looking at a picture of a boat and pointed to the flag and then the chimney thing (at least it looked like a chimney - I'm not sure why sailboats have chimneys, but I didn't draw it). He also wants to play along so in the book about the kitten's tounge, he wants to stick out his tounge, too. It all just makes me want to gobble him up for more kisses.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:28 PM

    You give me hope! Jackson is 16 months old and has only started even showing a subtle interest in books. Before, he used to squirm and kick if you tried to get him to sit still. Of course, much to his Daddy's chagrin, the book he wants to read over and over again is a very unmanly Five Little Ladybugs.

    ReplyDelete