Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ewww

My mom left today after an all too quick visit. We had good fun and I think she taught Andy a dozen new words. Yesterday we hit the Burke Nursery fall festival, which was pretty cool and very close to our place. It's not quite as extensive as Cox Farms, but it's about 15 miles closer, which is worth a lot. We had a good time checking out the slides and rides and going on the hay ride (although come to think of it, there wasn't any hay on it). My mom also took us shopping and Andy has some really cute fall clothes and jammies, including an awesome new sweater vest from Janie and Jack. You know how I love a little boy in a sweater vest! He also got a Halloween costume. Well, he got two, but he refused to let Mom put him in the chicken costume. The pictures of him protesting are priceless. The little guy had so much fun that he was still asleep when I left the house at 8 this morning.

The other notable thing about the last couple of days was he used the potty. Well, first he peed on the floor in the hallway (thankfully, I pulled up the carpet so it's just a hardwood floor). I then pushed him to the potty where he sat and then peed. Most impressive! He seemed proud of himself and then he got in the bath. The funny thing is that when I change his diaper and it's dirty, I say "ewwww" which he finds hysterical so now he says it, too, when it's dirty. After I'd let the bath water out of the tub, Andy decided to sit naked in the tub for a bit to finish up with his toys. I went across the hall to print Mom's boarding pass when he called out "ewwww." Turns out, he's gone number two in the tub. Ewww indeed. Mom then clothed him while I cleaned up the tub. During the changing, he kept saying "ewww" and then after she was done, he rushed to see what had happened to his poop.

Gross, indeed, but it shows some interest in his bodily functions so perhaps potty training at this age isn't so ridiculous after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment