Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cat's in the cradle

I have taken to closing Andy's door at bedtime all the way now. I used to leave it open a crack so I could hear him, but now when he goes to sleep the crack is too distracting so I shut it all the way. I usually go in as I'm heading to sleep and open the door so I can check on him in person and open the door in case he needs us during the night. Unfortunately, my cats usually like to linger in the room so from the basement, I'll hear meowing on the baby monitor so I'll have to go up and release the hounds, as we like to say. It's funny to be downstairs thinking the cats are nearby only to realize they're on the monitor instead. Sometimes I realize they're in there because he'll have a tough time settling down only for me to hear him laughing (talking?) at the cats.

1 comment:

  1. K,

    Thanks for posting to our Baby Meehan blog, in Jeffrey's take home weight contest.

    I had a chance to read some of your (and Andy's) blog. We have cat problems too! Jeffrey's not home yet, so the cats still think they can try to sleep in his bassinet or crib. Soon they'll be in for a surprise!

    Cheers!
    -Brian

    ReplyDelete