Friday, February 24, 2006

Toothpaste and other babies

I am much better on this trip than others, but I still find myself getting pangs when I see little kids Andy's age. I did get out and cruise Chinatown so I'm glad to do some things not work related. And the fact that this has been an awesome meeting press wise is a nice bonus. I'm glad to be going home tomorrow though.

On a side note, staying at a Marriott is very odd. They don't have coffee makers OR mini-bars in the room. I believe the Marriott family is Mormon and since they don't believe in those things, we don't have them. I support them in theory although I really wanted a beer last night. After my dinner and work thing, I did have to get out in search of a toothpaste. There is fortunately a Walgreens next to the hotel. Strangely, the toothbrushes are under lock and key, like fine jewerly. There seem to be a lot of homeless here so I wonder if toothbrushes are stolen a lot. Seemed strange since items much higher priced than a $3.39 toothbrush were on the shelves. Heck, Us magazine costs more than that on the newstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment