Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Svenska Skolan

I'm still on the hunt for Swedish/English kids books. I posted something on the granddaddy of all listservs - the D.C. Urban Mom- http://www.dcurbanmom.com/. They must have 50 or so messages a day going back and forth on everything from high-risk OBs to and nanny salaries. I got some interesting responses. Turns out there is a Swedish school on Saturdays in Falls Church. It's for kids 5 and over so it won't work for now, but they do have a library that is open every two weeks (I have a feeling the library exists out of someone's garage which is why it's not open more.

There were a couple of recommendations for books. Someone suggested IKEA, which I'm ashamed I didn't think of sooner. That would be the place. Also, a couple of bookstores - Tempo in upper Northwest D.C. and Candida's Books downtown. I think I need to do some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment