Friday, February 17, 2006

Happy Valentine's

My mother-in-law very sweetly came over early on the 14th to drop off cards and candy. Andy really seemed to enjoy his card. I didn't think he would even notice it, but he kept grabbing it off the table to "read" it.

He's still not walking, which is making me a little nervous at this point. I wonder if I'm part of the problem now. I keep encouraging him to walk, but then he gets nervous if I push him too hard to walk on his own and he immediately drops to his knees. I keep reminding myself that he's perfectly normal and progressing on target, but then I see all these kids his age walking and it makes me uneasy. And of course, then I'm uneasy for comparing him to others. I know intellectually he'll do it when he's ready and that it's probably easier with him not walking at this point, but knowing something and believing it are not the same.

In other news, I somehow pulled a muscle in my left arm - my Andy-carrying arm - and it's really bugging me. It had it hard to sleep last night and has been bothering me all day. I think the kid needs to learn to walk to slim down.

No comments:

Post a Comment