Friday, September 15, 2006

B-o-o-t-s - boots!

Last winter when it snowed, I rushed out to buy Andy some snow boots. Turns out they didn't have anything really except these adorable yellow rain boots. They were WAY too big last year and it turns out they're still too big. But doesn't he look cute?

Andy had his first curse word today. Something we should all be proud of, of course. Bjorn has been getting Andy in the morning and bringing him back to bed hoping he'll go back to sleep. In the past 20 months, this has worked all of once, I think, but that hasn't stopped Bjorn from trying this three or four times recently. The only thing that definitely happens is it wakes me up and Bjorn yells at the cats who are now awake, too, and demand attention. Today Bjorn didn't yell at Coltrane like he usually does, he just pushed her out of the way which is when Andy said "Goddamn it." Just like that and in proper context. On the one hand I'm proud he's picking things up, on the other hand, this isn't really what I had in mind meaning we have to really clean up our language now. Shit. It's like going on a diet in order to fit into a dress. You know you need to at some point, but can't that some point be later?

And on a completely unrelated point, I'm sure most of you know that I'm a celebrity junkie. It's an addiction, I admit it, but since my friends and I have aged, there just isn't anything all that interesting to gossip about. Plus, I can't get in trouble gossipping about Angelina and Brad. So while this is a guilty pleasure for me, I had no idea how mainstream this stuff has become. I was at work this week and CNN breaking news popped into my in box reporting that Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown had broken up. Seriously? That's breaking news worth broadcasting? Wednesday wasn't a slow news day either - there was the tragic shooting in Canada and bank hostages in Chicago - but the powers that be at CNN thought Whitney and Bobby was breaking news. I am very sad for America. Well, until Jessica Simpson and John Mayer get back together.

3 comments:

  1. Britney spears had a second baby boy and only a few days before her first sons birthday...Not that I'm a fan , just we're both doubling up on the baby craze together. :)


    oh, and more celebrity gossip,,,,have you heard that Brad and Angelina are not going to get married till "everyone" (gays/lesbians) are able to be married? just heard that today and thinks its the weirdest excuse. since when do they take their celebrity and try and use it to take a stance on the government. I think its nuts. but whatever.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM

    Actually Charlize Theron used that point last year so yet again Brad is proving himself to be unoriginal.
    As for celebrities using their clout to comment on the goverment, why not? They are Americans and entitled to speak their mind. I wonder if you would have had the same problem if it was a conservative minded celebrity speaking about their opinions. Course... I'm talking about a woman who defines herself by her child's name. You probably have no self-worth to speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play nice, kids, or I'll turn this car around.

    ReplyDelete