Thursday, September 14, 2006

New set of wheels

Andy now has his first tricycle. I bought it off eBay from a lady in my area for $21.06, half what a Red Flyer would have cost and probably a third what this Kiddi-o German trike would have cost (cracks me up to think there are imported German wheels even at his age). My friend Viv was kind enough to pick it up from me since she lives new the seller. Andy saw it for the first time this morning and was quite excited about it. The bad part is his little legs aren't quite long enough to work the pedals even when I moved the seat up a bit. It probably won't be too long.

It's funny, growing up waiting for Christmas or my birthday was the hardest thing ever. Now as a mother, I'm finding it really hard to wait to give Andy something because I am so eager to see how he likes it. I know, I'm such a sap.

In other exciting news, Andy can answer a couple of questions in Swedish. I would love so much for him to be good at languages since I never was so I'm pushing Bjorn to read him books in Swedish and talk to him in it as well. The fun part is I'm learning some new words, too. Skol!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:55 AM

    I can't believe you are denying Andy that "new car smell". Nice story about the purchase on eBay but we all know you stole it from your neighbor's yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can probably push it along with his feet for now. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete