Sunday, September 24, 2006

A tooth-brushing victory

For months, I've been trying to teach Andy how to brush his teeth as the doctor recommended and for months, he's shown very little interest. This has been quite frustrating for me as he can really resist something like this very easily. I had an idea this week though. I brought a stool into our bathroom and sat him on it. Then we brush our teeth together. What's amazing is he will sit there for five minutes brushing his teeth (or at least chewing on his toothbrush). Now after his bath, I tell him to go get the stool ready so we can brush our teeth and he runs over to get it and push it into place. I feel quite smug about my victory over the non-tooth brushing wonder. Don't worry, I know this feeling won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment