Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bikes

Andy is fascinated with bicycles. It's actually quite cute. He'll go out of his way to go up to a bike and touch the tires, pedals, handle bars. For that, I've been thinking about getting him one. I know, I should wait until Christmas or his second birthday, but that's, like, months away and I want to see him thrilled now! Who would ever think that it's just as hard for the parents to wait for Christmas as it is for the kids? I saw one at Target that we both loved, a Red Flyer with a little basket that was so cute for $39. I was shopping for Jennifer's (gasp) 21st birthday so it didn't seem right to buy him something on her birthday. He protested loudy when I pulled him away. It was quite sad. After that, I've been researching trikes. The one I keep hearing about is the Kettrike. I did a quick Froogle search and the main version is over $200. Seriously? Americans are so crazy about their kids we'll spend that kind of money on a toy? Gah. I guess this is a country where people actually buy those $800 Bugaboo Frog strollers.

In other news, the patio was finished today. It's beautiful. It was too dark to take any good pictures so I'll just leave you with this before picture for now. The cement slab is the original. The dirt around it was excavated and then filled into before the patio was put down.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I don't think that Jack's tricycle requires the fine German engineering of the Kettrike. I bought a plastic Fisher-Price one for thirty bucks, and you know what? He doesn't exactly hate it.

    ReplyDelete