Friday, September 08, 2006

Cartoon Cuts Caper

I took Andy to get his hair cut last weekend. It was long overdue, but the Cartoon Cuts at Fair Oaks Mall has been closed for a few months for renovations as it moves to another part of the mall. That left going to the Hair Cuttery, which isn't so great with kids, or schlepping to Springfield Mall, which is a slightly iffy place to be. Out of a sense of adventure, I picked the mall. Cartoon Cuts did have lots of toys for him to play with while we waited, but they were all pretty beaten up. When it was our turn, the stylist promptly put in a video of Blues Clues, which while not Andy's favorite, it did keep him mildly distracted. It was a much more pleasant experience than the last at Hair Cuttery where he cried and had to be held down. Afterwards, I was so relieved that after I paid the cashier and tipped the stylist, I left my wallet. I realized my folly the next morning and Bjorn went to retrieve it for me. Fortunately, Cartoon Cuts had my wallet. Unfortunately, they took all my cash, probably $50-70. Quite a shame, too. I was hoping we could hold off on the $100 haircuts a la Bill Clinton until he was President. Based on this, the credit card folks suggested tearing up and replacing the cards.

You know, it's been years since I haven't had a credit card and it's been hard all week. I spent $500 getting my brakes fixed this week and had totally forgotten about not having any cards. Fortunately, I did still have my ATM card and actually had cash in the account. Phew. What also sucks is that because I cancelled my cards over a holiday weekend, only one replacement card has arrived. Discover, thankfully, sent their DHL so it arrived last night. The others, which promised to be here Tuesday, have yet to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment