Thursday, September 28, 2006

Names

I find the whole process of baby naming fascinating. I had a meeting yesterday with a colleague who has a two year old named Agnes. I knew old-fashioned names were back in, but I wasn't quite sure the extent. Boy names seem to fluctuate less, so mostly girl names are the ones I notice. For your amusement, here are names of kids I know personally who have been named in the past two or three years.

Anges
Ava
Byron (of course)
Charlotte
Daniel
Eli
Eva
Grace
Jacob
Julianne
Madeline
Molly
Natalie
Nora
Olivia
Rose

3 comments:

  1. My boy Jackson doesn't make the cut? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Weird. I hadn't thought about old fashion names being en vogue until you mentioned it, and now I look at my list of names for Katie before we settled on Kathleen and I'm a total trend whore:

    Ike
    Henry
    Helen
    Eleanor
    Lucy

    Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I typed this, I've been reminded of other old-fashioned names -
    Benjamin
    Callie
    George
    Jack (and Jackson)
    Joseph
    Lucy
    Margaret (Maggie in both cases)
    Owen
    Winston

    All fine, upstanding names without a hint of serial killer in them.

    ReplyDelete