Saturday, September 23, 2006

Pre-school

I toured another pre-school yesterday and guess what? I actually liked it. The school starts at age 2 and goes up to age 5. There is actually a private elementary school across the street that goes from kingergarten to 6th grade. It's called Grasshopper Green and it's off a main street, but tucked away up a hill so you'd never know it was there. For once, the lady who greeted me was friendly and seemed to have a clue I was coming. Andy immediately sat himself down at a play table and started to check out the toys, which I thought was a good sign. They do lots of fun stuff, like talk about the weather every day and recite the Pledge of Allegiance. They also have an awesomely huge playground for a class of 18 as well as a gym down the hill where they have gym class twice a week. They have several off campus field trips to the zoo and whatnot as well as other planned activities on site like magicians and that kind of stuff. In the three year old room, they start using computers and in the four year old room, they start Spanish. I got a good vibe.

The downside is that it's not perfect geographically, which is why it hadn't showed up on my radar until a friend told me his son goes there. It is closer to my office than where he is now, but it's the other direction for Bjorn meaning I'd be doing more drop offs and pickups on the same day. We'll see. We've got another four months before he's even eligible, but I have a good feeling about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment