Saturday, October 01, 2005

Fall festival


I went with a friend and her daughter to the fall festival at local Cox Farms today. It was really cool with lots of rides and animals as well as a band and stuff. It was also a gorgeous day, but Andy wasn't having any of it. I think he was really too young for it anyway -- probably next year he'll be into the farm animals and slides. I also brought the wrong stroller. The Graco with its plastic wheels were NOT comfortable on the bumpy paths. He also was super tired, I'm not sure why since he had just gotten up for a nap. But the tiredness combined with the sun in his face wasn't doing it for him so we bailed early. It was neat though. Next year I'll drag Bjorn and we'll all go.

The other strange thing was my friend brought a friend. Not a problem really, other moms with kids are fun, but the friend brought her husband which really threw off the dynamic. I don't think he was into being with a bunch of women and remarked that there weren't many dads there. In truth, there were lots of dads, but he wasn't hip to being with a bunch of women, I guess. Nice family, but it was a weird day.

The upside is I did get a couple really cute pictures. How cute is my kid? That's right, prety darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment