Monday, June 19, 2006

Close Encounters of the Icky Kind

I was out of town all weekend at a work trip in surprisingly hot northern California. Sonoma was an odd place really. There was lots of super pricey real estate, shops and restaurants surrounded by stunningly low-rent looking apartments and stores. My favorite was the Church Mouse Thrift Shop next to our hotel with a hand written sign in the window that read "Wedding Dresses $30.00."

The boys did great without me, proving that I'm not as indispensable as I lead myself to believe. Exhausted from the trip after a long weekend and a flight that got me home at 1:30 this morning, I took today off so Andy and I could reconnect and play. We both settled down for a nap around 1 pm. It was a warm day so I made the decision to put him into his crib in just a diaper and not zip him up into the sleep sack. Oh, what a mistake. When we got up in the afternoon, I found him in his crib, without a diaper and surrounded in his own excrement. Ew. I hadn't realized it, but he's perfectly capable of removing his own diaper. Lovely. I quickly put him in the bath and did a load of laundry. Unfortunately, his dogs also got mixed up in the mess so Bjorn is going to do a special load for them this evening. In the meantime, Andy is in bed with replacement dog #1. I'm hopeful he doesn't catch on.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you answered the eternal question, "What's grossser than a $30 wedding dress?"

    ReplyDelete