Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Countdown

It's two days to the World Cup and like the rest of the world, I'm totally psyched. However, is America psyched? Not so much. I haven't encountered a person that is not on my soccer team or related to me that has any interest. What's up, folks? You'll watch curling at 2 a.m. on MSNBC, but the U.S. vs. the Czech Republic in world-class soccer is boring? Seriously. Andy is going to grow up liking soccer. It's just a fact. Sure, if he wants to play the violin or twirl the baton, that's fine, but he WILL know about soccer. I believe he's quite gifted at the sport already. He's quite good at throwing the ball and can even kick it on occasion. Perhaps we need to trade in our basketball hoop for a soccer goal.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Baton?!?!?!?!?

    NO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come hang out with my co-worker, Juan.

    ReplyDelete