Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Growing up so fast

We went to the playground last night. For those keeping track at home, we went to Laurel Ridge Elementary that has a newer, nicer one than down at the lake. After Andy spent five minutes fiddling with the gate, he walked up the stairs, put his butt on the slide and slid down. By himself. I couldn't believe it. He's never shown any interest in slides so he might have gone down one maybe 5-6 times lifetime. But yesterday? Yeah, walked right up and went down as if he'd been doing it his whole life. I never thought I'd be one of those people lamenting that their kid is growing up so fast, but there you have it. I said it. Next thing you know, I'm going to start telling kids I haven't seen them since they were XX big and calling Bjorn "Dad" in conversation.

Meanwhile, here's a picture from the Nationals game last week. He looks calm, but I think he was just standing still in order to get his picture taken. He likes getting his picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment