Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sagan om den lilla lilla gumman

The good news is that Andy has a favorite book. The bad news is that said favorite book is in Swedish. Seriously, I try to read other books at bedtime, but he can not be cajoled into going to bed until I read him the Sagan om den Lilla Lilla Gumman. At this point, I've figured out the general story about the little little lady and her little little cow and her little little cat that drinks the milk out of the little little bowl. But saying all the words out loud sounds like I have a gumball stuck in my throat. It's not pretty. He seems amused as I sound my way through the book, but it's frustrating that I can't get him interested in something that I can actually read. Then again, since he can't read, perhaps he thinks this puts us on a more level playing ground. Cheeky little bugger.

3 comments:

  1. that is so funny. ali also seems more interested when i talk to her in "her" language. maybe that's what andy thinks you are doing, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days, I'm going to have to join Andy for storytime. Your reading that book sounds entertaining to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:36 PM

    I too want to hear you read in Swedish! Maybe he's thinking in Swedish already, so English is a second language!
    :)Mary

    ReplyDelete