Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The tail wagging the dog

Andy loves his dogs, but do you know about them specifically he loves? Their tails. Seriously, it comforts him to sit or lie with them and feel their soft cotton tails between his fingers. It's kind of strange to see how often he does it now that I've noticed it. My mom gave me Vicki Iovine's Girlfriend's Guide to Toddlers, which is quite interesting. She talks about the Comfort Zone for toddlers and says there is something specific about each lovey that they really cling to, like the tag or whatnot. And sure enough, it's the tails for him.

I'm enjoying this book. Her Girlfriend's Guide to the First Year of Motherhood wasn't nearly as good as the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, which I can't recommend enough for anyone expecting, but this is a close second in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment