Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter


Turns out, Andy is really good at simple commands. The last couple of days we've been playing games where I ask him to hand me something and he does. It's quite fun. We took that outside today and worked on the Easter eggs. He really caught on quickly, which was great. The only bad part was we practiced so much that by the time everyone got here, he was done with the eggs and preferred to attack the bird feeder.

For Christmas, he got an adorable outfit, but it was shorts and too cold for Texas in winter so he never really got to wear it. When my mom tried to return it, they wouldn't exchange seasonal outfits so he wore it for Easter instead. Sure, the red and green colors (plus the Christmas tree on the smocking) were out of season, but damn, he looked great! I was only sorry he didn't have some great shoes or sandals to wear with it.

Our of my paranoia that he's not talking fast enough, we've really be practicing. It's clear he understands most of the stuff I understand (at least the basic gist). He also manages to use "Mama" when he's really mad and wants my attention (like last night when he bonked his head). We've been working on "up" when he wants to be picked up and he seems to say it every 20th time. I've since done a good bit of reading and I really think he's fine. I also read that kids tend to put talking on hold while they master walking and then pick it right back up in spades once they've got the walking part down.

No comments:

Post a Comment