Thursday, April 06, 2006

Land of the Living

After a rough few days, we're all finally on the mend. Andy stopped running a fever yesterday, which was good because he was probably going to have to go to daycare anyway since Bjorn and I both had big days ahead and had already taken a lot of time off. Fortunately, he was better. He was SO happy to go see his friends and babysitter that he practically leapt out of Bjorn's arms this morning (perhaps part of that was due to the Pop Tart Bjorn fed him this morning.) When I got there in the afternoon, he was glad to see me, but tired after playing all day.

Today was the first day I drove the new commute from work to the babysitter's. It took about 30 minutes door to door leaving at exactly 4:59 from my office and arriving at her door at about 5:29 (I'm supposed to be there by 5:30). I am going to try to get in a bit earlier so that in good conscience I can leave at 4:55. I always end up working more than my alloted hours from home, but it still feels weird to not to among those staying late at the office. I kind of miss that fraternity although my life is certainly more balanced now.

No comments:

Post a Comment