Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I'm a total idiot

I went to Toys R Us yesterday. It's against my better judgement because the backwards 'R' just offends me grammatically, intellectually and, frankly, it's just a personal insult at this point. But I had a little bit of credit left from the ghetto Babies R Us where I had gone several months ago to return a bunch of baby crap that I thought would be a good idea, but I never got around to (like the Snugli contraption that should have worked, but I never could quite figure it out). I went to buy a present for my neice who is turning eight in a couple of weeks and to get some new bath toys for Andy in the hopes of distracting him from his new found fear of the bathtub. While there, I found myself lured back into buying Fridge Phonics, again after our disasterous attempt at buying it back in January. I thought getting it at a different store in a different season would help. I wanted to test it out in the store, but the boxes were all sealed to prevent people from snagging an extra Q or something after their kid lost it under the stove. I am an idiot for not insisting on trying it in the store, but it was late, I had a headache and was ready to go home. Do you know that that means? That's right, the damn thing didn't work either. Bjorn placed an angry call to Leap Frog who claims it's a mechanical problem so that means we have to take it back - again. I would just chuck the thing up and find another product, but it turns out I can't find anything similar.

On a different note, I went to a friend's last night who has a 2 1/2 year old. She loaded me down with tons of boy clothes, swim diapers and shoes so we're in pretty good shape for the summer. Jubilee.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:40 PM

    By "friend" do you mean the Salvation Army?

    ReplyDelete