Friday, April 14, 2006

The latest stats

We went for the 15-month check-up, as reported earlier. We saw a doctor that we don't normally see, as Dr. Fugute left to head their new office in Chantilly and Dr. Kapor is on maternity leave. We really liked who we saw today although for the life of me I can't remember her name. Anyhoo, here are the stats:

Weight - 25 pounds 9 ounces - 50th percentile
Height - 32 3/4 - 90th percentile
Head Circumference 19 1/4 - 95 percentile

He's about where he was at his year visit although his weight dropped from 70th to 50th. The doctor said that was nothing to worry about. What did concern he was that he's not really talking much. I said he can say Mama and Dada as well as Hi, Bye and Cat, but she's "low to moderately" worried that he's not putting those into the rotation. She said mostly to keep an eye on it and we'll talk more at his 18 month visit. In the meantime, she told us to get rid of the nighttime binky as that may be hindering things and focus on naming everyday items, like light and duck, as well as basic commands like more, up and all done. It's making me slightly paranoid so I'm really going to make an increased effort.

So operation "binky removal" started tonight. I did pull a bit of the bait and switch as I let him have a bottle of water instead of a binky just so he'd let me out of the room without screaming. I figure we can make the switch to the water bottle since he doesn't like that as much and then switch the bottle to a sippy. Wow, it sounds like quite a scheme I've got going at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment