Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pear-eater (sing to the tune of Hall and Oates "Maneater")

This kid loves pears. Last week we were in the grocery store and he stole a pear out of the plastic bag and started eating it like an apple. I would have stopped him, but it was so darn funny to watch him gnaw on it. Plus, it kept him busy while I shopped. He's much less enamoured of the store these days so I usually have to bribe him with food to keep him busy long enough to pick up what I need. I was a little embarassed when it came time to check out as I had to put a now-slimy pear back in the plastic in order to pay for it. Once we got back in the car, I gave it back to him and he ate it down to the core. I kept thinking this has to be against the baby police rules, but I figured a whole pear was way too big to choke on. In this picture he's eating a strawberry, but I thought it was cute anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment