Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Frank Burns

The good news is Andy will finally wear a hat, important for a kid as fair skinned as him with summer coming. The bad news is the hat he'll wear makes him look like Frank Burns from M*A*S*H. Here he is watching the sprinkler, which might be crack to a 16-month-old. I should take videos of sprinklers, patent it and sell my idea to Baby Einstein. I'll be rich, rich!

In unrelated news, I talked to my sister today and learned my brother-in-law's adorable 10-year-old nephew was killed by a car when riding his bike. I can not even fathom how awful this must be for the family. They were doing everything seemingly right - they lived in a nice suburb on a nice cul-de-sac in a nice part of town. He wasn't going anywhere strange, just riding in the alley behind his house only to have something so tragic happen. It turns out the driver of the car was a neighbor who I'm sure is devastated as well. This after the shooting at the Fairfax County police station yesterday that already had me a bit rattled. I tried to hug Andy extra special tight tonight, but he wouldn't sucumb to my hugs and instead kept pointing to the lights going "ungh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment