Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lovefest is OVER, Well, no, not really

Well, good thing I gushed yesterday because someone woke up on the wrong side of the crib and was ornery all morning for no good reason. Now I know how Paul and Heather McCartney feel. I hope he's not coming down with something. Lots of folks are sick at the office and a sick baby is no fun for anyone. Despite that, he looks adorable today in a blue shirt and khaki overalls. I need to get him into all the hand-me-down overalls he has now because as kids get older, the overalls cease to be cute so I need to get my fix now. He have 4-5 nice pairs given to us by various friends. I usually don't bother with them since their a pain to pull over and hook up and it means I have to put a onesie on underneath. The only bonus is both the overalls and onesie have the ever-popular crotch snaps so while it's a pain to pull on, at least the changing isn't so complicated.

Of course, no sooner did I think that, but I came across some pictures of Andy as a tiny, tiny baby. It's so hard to believe sometimes how far we've come together. What's amazing is he kinda looks like himself. It's hard to say looking at him at the time what he'd look like now, but looking back I do see some features he still has today. Meanwhile, the ball he's "holding" is one of those small maybe 2 1/2 inches in diameter ones. For nostalgia, I saved one of those newborn swaddlers that he's wearing there. It's so tiny, I think it would be too small to diaper my foot and yet at the time it was big enough for a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment