Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Work it

I bought a push toy/walker for Andy ages ago - like last summer maybe. It was a basic plastic toy that was to help him stand and then walk. It has four wheels and a handle and some little gadgets to keep him occupied on it. I can't say he's ever been that crazy about it so when the living room started filling up, I put it in the carport thinking it might encourage him to walk outside. It didn't. However, tonight out of nowhere, he grabbed it and insisted on pushing it everywhere. We went down the block and almost to the corner. It was frustrating for me because he kept running it into the grass and then having to readjust so it took way longer to go anywhere than normal. Plus, I had to be extra vigilant to be near him since I wasn't holding a hand that I could grab in case he made a break for it.

After his bath tonight, we practiced stomping his feet. It was just precious to him to stomp on command and be so happy about it. I was stomping along with him. If I did it regularly enough, I might get a bit of a workout as I was tired after a bit. I tried practicing "clap your hands, stomp your feet" but he only felt like stomping even on the clapping command. Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment