Sunday, March 12, 2006

George Mason

Thanks to Jeffrey's dad who had the suggestion of contacting local colleges about daycares, it appears George Mason right next door has a daycare center. I e-mailed the director about setting up a tour. Priority goes to students, faculty and staff so if I really like it (although it wouldn't work until he turns two in January, depending on when the enrollment date is), I may have to go back to taking graduate school classes to get him into the daycare. I did actually take a class there so it's not that crazy. Although the rates are so reasonable that it would probably be cheaper than Merritt Academy to take a class for me and sign him up. We'll see.

Meanwhile, it's still unseasonably warm here so I took advantage of the weather and got out with the bike and new InStep bike trailer. It worked pretty well although I'm surprisingly sore in the saddle area from our 20 minute outing yesterday. I went a little further than yesterday and stopped at the playground. Andy has decide he doesn't like the swings, but he loves standing on a platform and watching all the other kids. He's been a bit of a crankpot lately. I've been blaming his lack of interest in food on teething, but I think he's also getting more opinionated. I have no idea where he got that. He also likes to play with his food now. He'll spend time putting his finger on peas and grapes to squish them. I'm not sure if this is an improvement over throwing the food over the side of the high chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment