Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Shoes

So it's time for Andy to get some real shoes. He's been wearing Robeez for months now, mostly to keep on his socks, but it's time to upgrade to some big boy shoes. Everyone at playgroup keeps talking about Stride Rite and getting their kid measured and ordering $50 shoes. I'm not opposed to spending the money to get something good, but I'm a little hesitant about all the hype. I hate to buy expensive shoes just because that's what everyone says to do. I feel like that harkens back to when he was tiny and you had to have formula with "brain and eye builders" and stuff like that. Of course, those are all important things, but it was just marketing hype and the ingredients were all in the less heavily marketed stuff as well. The good news is this is an opportunity to shop for something fun. The bad news is I can't see Andy being keen on letting me push and pull shoes onto his feet at a store for more than 11 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. hey thats great.....To find real shoes _ _ _ _ _ _Timberland shoes......

    ReplyDelete