Friday, October 28, 2005

Clean house day

Today is clean house day as the maids are coming. Well, they're actually here. Of course this would be just as I've put Andy down for a nap. I usually try to get lost when they're cleaning to stay out of their way, but it's rather impossible. I won't trade them being here though. The house looks so much better once they've come, you know, almost livable.

Yesterday Andy and I went with my friend who is a realtor to look at houses. She needed a pretend client to scope things out. She actually didn't NEED a pretend client, but the houses were a couple of neighborhoods over and I always like to nose around. She likes taking me because I have done enough home stuff to point out places that they've messed up (she has that, too, which is why we get along). It was weird, one of the places was empty and they had really tried to start renovating it, but did some wacky stuff, like putting in nice paneling in the living room only to not match the baseboards up with each other and sometimes the floor. Oh, it also had the original oven. Impressive for a 1950 house.

No comments:

Post a Comment