Friday, October 07, 2005

Rainy days and Fridays

It's raining here. And by raining, I mean pouring. They're calling for 3-5 inches of rain today alone and there are flood watches through tomorrow for all of the D.C. area. That's great because we need the rain, but bad because I'm paranoid about my basement leaking. We had some problems with it last spring and early summer. I checked on it this morning and was bummed to see rain, but I went out back (during a nap, of course) and the gutter downspout was disconnected. I hooked it back up and things have seemed to be drying up despite the downpours, but I'm nervous about it still. Sigh. The joys of home ownership.

Andy and I had a fairly calm day. He had a blast at playgroup and then seemed to fizzle at the end, which made sense since he was due for a nap about then and had just about enough stimulation for the morning. We made it home and he passed out fairly quickly, but didn't sleep very long. We played until about 5, but he was still exhausted so I put him down for a nap. A late time for a nap, but it seemed like the right thing. Then he slept from like 5 to 7:30. I was paranoid he thought it was time to be down for the evening, but he did get up for some home-grown zucchinni (could that possibly be spelled right?) and playtime. His dad made it home just in time to kiss him on the head for bedtime. He's in there now, but I haven't had the nerve to see if he's asleep or if the basement is wet. Sigh.

And for all my fears about my husband and stepson, guess who is home bitter on a Friday night for getting caught?

No comments:

Post a Comment