Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Poor chicken


Yeah, so that fatigue I couldn't get a handle on? Yeah, that's a stomach flu he's got. Poor thing wouldn't eat at his babysitter's and then slept only to wake up and throw up his breakfast. Poor guy. He seemed just miserable. We went to the doctor. We saw a new doctor in the practice, a really young (probably my age) and sweet looking Indian woman. I liked her. Anyway, she looked around and said he's a little red in the ears and throat, but nothing really to treat at this point. His stomach also seemed okay to her touch. She said to give him fluids through a dropper (this for a kid that can put away 6 ounces in a minute almost) so that he doesn't throw it up. Nice. He has been asleep off and on since we got home about 3. Poor chicken. My niece in Dallas is sick too. Perhaps they will turn out to have some cosmic connection. Creepy, but wouldn't it be kind of cool?

Meanwhile, the lazy-eyed tree guy is here trimming the trees. I hate spending $800, but the trees have needed this for years and were all over the roof at this point. I'm justifying to myself that it was good money spent to protect the roof and keep the house safer in case of a bad storm, but it sucks to write that check.

I ordered some pictures from Ofoto and had them sent to a local CVS (it saved $10 on shipping and Bjorn picked them up two days later. How cool!) I was looking back at pictures. My, he's come a long way in just a short time. Look at that picture from late May when we started him on solids. He was barely sitting up at that point and his face even looks different.

No comments:

Post a Comment