Monday, October 03, 2005

Hysteria

Last night was a weird night. Andy was tired and initially went down with no problems only to wake right back up (I think it was the cold) and then take about an hour to finally settle down. Then about midnight he startled awake and would NOT calm down. It was terrible. He didn't want to be held, he didn't want to play, didn't want to eat. He was arching his back so I couldn't really contain him. It was just awful. He finally calmed down, had a bottle and went to sleep, sleeping until about 6:30. He was tired when he got up, but his stuffy nose was what got him up. I feel bad taking him to the sitter's today, but work is insane the next couple of weeks. After the 20th, I am going to try to take a few days to spend with him. Poor guy. He seemed tired this morning, but still playful and was happy to see his sitter, so that was good.

Man, still freaked out about last night. I always worry it's a bad sign about something else, but I think he was just really tired and pissed to be awake.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:17 PM

    it could be earache. and then it couldn't. i've had the impression with my daughter that crying like that must involve great pain. so it's either ear ache or teething. or anything else, or simply a nightmare.

    but earache is quite typical.

    ReplyDelete