Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Washing dishes

Andy had a good night last night, which puts me in an infinitely better mood. I'm not sure if he had a cold or what, but I talked with a friend who said he might have allergies so I closed the windows upstairs. It not only didn't get as cold, but he seemed better. I guess time will tell if it was allergies or just a cold. I'm hoping for a cold because a life of allergies sucks.

Meanwhile, funniest thing happened. So I was unloading the dishwasher and Andy was on the floor and decided to help. He pulled himself up on the bottom rack of the dishwasher. I knew it was unstable, but he was so damn cute to watch. He had done it a few times so I wasn't that worried about it, but of course, he got the right torque and I watched him every so slowly fall backwards holding onto the bottom rack as he pulled it off the track. He didn't really smack his head or anything - just scared him a bit, but he was lying on the floor, crying, holding on for dear life to the bottom rack. I tried to separate the two, but he cried harder as I tried to lift it off so I just pulled the rack up with him holding on. Then he was fine. It really cracked me up. He's really getting opinions about things he wants and doesn't want. I'm not sure I'm ready for this part as eventually I'll have to get into discipline about what he can and can't have. I know that's when the real job of parenting starts and I'm loathe to have to tell him no, even if it's for his own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment