Friday, October 07, 2005

A sign of things to come

So my stepson is 16. And the very nature of him being a teenager means he's attracted to beer, but I do not like finding a few stray beer cans hidden in the basement. It's one thing to sneak a few, but another thing to get caught. It's easy to sneak a couple since we don't have a count of them (although it would be easy to notice if more than a few disappeared), but how hard is it to get rid of the evidence? Now begins the fight with my husband. He always thinks I'm being too harsh, but I think if he gets caught, he should be punished by having his activities curtailed. So the football game he wanted to go watch tonight? That should be curtailed. But my husband will argue that keeping him from watching a game is too strict. Ugh. I realize I have a lot way to go with Andy, but I'm not relishing this fight in 15 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment